Wednesday 9 December 2015

Shopping addictions are real

I go through phases of spending. I'm never not spending money, but what I choose to spend on comes in waves. I had a phase where all I wanted was to buy containers from Daiso. Then another phase where I just wanted stationery. Later, black boots, workout clothes or coats. And then the worse one - anything and everything. Around this time of year, where holiday sales are popping up for Christmas gift shopping, I find myself buying everything up. The other day I was at the mall for no reason at all but to walk around. And I could not leave. I kept walking around, disinterested but unable to pull myself away from the racks of clothing. I could hear a clear voice in my head telling me to go home, but my eyes kept wandering and I continued. This must be what an addiction feels like. I knew that I didn't want to spend anymore money, and there was nothing I truly needed, but I stuck around looking for my next purchase. 

Perhaps this is an addiction or a form of stress relief. I can't know for sure, but what I do know is I need to shift my mind into finding another "hobby" to obsess over.

2 comments:

  1. I suggest you blog when you have the urge to shop :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea!! That means I should have about 5 blog entries per day haha.

      Delete